Membership is open to anyone of any age with a permanent or temporary disability. The club welcomes immediate family members. Friends are also welcome but there is a small donation of £1 per person.
There are two levels of membership; individual or family. An annual membership fee of £25 per individual or £50 per family is payable upon joining the club. This is renewable each year after the Annual General Meeting in February. Once the membership fee is paid there is no additional weekly charge for the session.
Guidelines for Members
- A responsible adult MUST accompany and stay with all children under 8 years of age in the water on a maximum ratio of 2:1.
- All weak and non-swimmers and swimmers requiring swimming aids MUST swim in the teaching pool or shallow end of the pool unless they are directly supervised by a competent adult.
- All members must have help according to their individual risk assessment.
- All members MUST abide by the pool and club rules:
- Use overshoes provided before entering changing village and poolside.
- Children that are not toilet trained, or adults with incontinence problems, must wear swimming nappies/pad.
- Always follow the lifeguards instructions.
- No photography in the changing village or poolside unless details have been registered with Club and Duty Officer of pool.
- No mobile phones in changing village or poolside.
- No eating or drinking in changing village or on poolside.
- No diving
- Any complaints/issues about the sessions should be directed to the Club and not the swimming pool.
- Visitors are welcome on an ad hoc basis, a minimum donation of £1 per person will be expected. The member/family member will be responsible for their visitors conduct and must abide by all the pool and club rules.
- The disabled member must be present at all times when the family members and /or visitors are swimming.
- Members must make themselves aware of Centre's parking regulations.
Registered Charity No. 1069097